Starting with the next release of PubCoder (version 2.3), we will introduce our new licensing model. We have created three different levels of access: Base, Pro, Enterprise.
We also decided to reset all trials and to give you the opportunity to try the software once again. We are convinced that it is worthwhile to check the many innovations, in particular the new import from InDesign.
How does it work
Let’s start with the most important thing: if you already are a client, your license will automatically switch to Enterprise which will give you access to all functions until your current license expires.
- BASE - export your project in ebook formats (EPUB3 and KF8) and HTML5, use all functions of the interactivity engine, the multi management-format and multi-language management, and the royalty-free and unlimited creation of projects and outputs.
- PRO - all the above plus, export your project in the native application formats: iOS and Android
- ENTERPRISE - all the above plus, you can import any InDesign files and manage a team of people, get support on the use of the software, technical support to the import from InDesign, Taking charge of the bug management and support for distribution (submission) of files on stores such as iBookstore, Amazon, App Store, Google Play Store.
What happens to your current license
If you have a Personal License: in your account dashboard you will view it as a "Basic" license, although all functionalities in the software are active. This is done in order for you to extend (and eventually upgrade) your license before the end date of validity.
If you have a Team License: to extend your license for all of your users please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and will be back to you with a quote.
- BASIC - price: 39 Euros for 3 months and 99 Euros for one year.
- PRO - 89 Euros for 3 months and 299 Euros for one year.
- ENTERPRISE - there isn't a unique price, we define a quote based on what features and services - and which entity - you intend to use. The variability depends on how many people are going to be included in the team and how many services you want to activate. In this way we can build a licensing value built entirely on your needs.
* Schools, universities, students and professors
PubCoder offers very significant discounts for educational and non-profit organisations. We distinguish two cases: if you are an individual teacher or student you will receive a discount of 50% of the license BASE or PRO; if you are any educational institution, public or private, drop us an email with your needs and we will make you a quote.
If you are interested please contact us: we have the solution (and the price) right for you.
See table below with structure of licenses and prices:
In these two years of intense relationship with our customers we have become aware of how many different ways our software is used.
We have recognized three types of usage, and of these three types we have built the new distribution of licenses.: BASE is the perfect license if you are interested in developing interactive ebooks and HTML5 content; PRO, if you are an author, a professional or an agency interested also in creating content for the app stores; and finally, the ENTERPRISE is intended for medium / large companies, more focused on conversion of their (or others') catalogue and to be followed with support from our team in the import, generation and distribution of its assets.
If you are (or have been) our client we want to point out some significant differences from the previous model
- Duration. The periods assigned to the licenses are reduced by four (3, 6, 9 and 12 months) to two, remaining the 3 and 12 months. Based on our experience we have seen that most of the purchased periods are precisely these two.
- Functionalities. As we have seen, not all features are available, depending on the type of license you purchase.
- Price. The price also changes depending on the license purchased.
- Team. The ability to manage a team is available in the "Enterprise" only. All the others are single licenses.
- Upgrade. As there is no longer a Team License, you cannot upgrade based on the number of users. To add a new user you need to buy a single new license.
- Extend. The extension of the license will be possible at any time, before this was possible only during the last month of validity of the license. In this way you can take advantage of any promotion to extend your license at a reduced price at any time.
- Upgrade + extend. You can upgrade from a "Basic" license to a "Pro" and simultaneously extend to 3 months or 12 months starting from the end of the current license period.
- Trial. If you are a new user you obtain a "Trial" license for a period of 30 days, with the ability to test all the functionality of the software, with exclusion of exporting native application with the ability to test imports from InDesign with the limitation to 5 pages.
What if you've already used the trial and you want to give it a try
We decided to be even more generous: we will reset all trials to give you the opportunity to try the software once again.
We are indeed interested in your opinion, both in terms of the new licensing system, and in general on any topic regarding the software. Your point of view is important to us, it is what drives us every day to improve the experience of PubCoder. You can use the forum to interact with other users, write to email@example.com or email me privately at my email firstname.lastname@example.org.